At the end of 2014 I decided to reprioritize my online business and focus on the things that made sense to me. It’s now May of 2015 and I wanted to share more of what I have been up to.
As some of my readers and Facebook friends know, at the beginning of 2015 I accepted a full time ebusiness job and it’s really been an overall good experience for me. In the meantime, my online business has mostly brought in money on autopilot without much effort on my part.
Here are some of the highlights of what’s been happening with the business:
- The biggest thing is that I had a single Pinterest pin go viral, bringing in almost 3,000 visitor’s a month in one of my “women’s niches”. This pretty much blew my mind, but the nice part is that it also increased my Google Adsense earnings on that landing page which was a nice added bonus of passive income.
- I’ve been getting more offers to do product reviews as opposed to having to go out and hunt those opportunities down myself. Sites like Swaggable and BzzAgent seem to be working well for me. Also, I became an Amazon Prime member which makes it easier for brands to work with me, since I get free shipping on items.
- My Amazon sales are slowly bringing in passive income, at 45 buyers over the past 2 months. But, I’m looking at it this way, if I can create this kind of demand for a higher ticket item, then I can increase profits off the same amount of traffic. Or I can work on finding more niches like this and turn that passive income into $1000.
- Working with other bloggers on their give-away promotions and link-up parties has been an easy and effortless way to build up my social media following over on my home and garden website. It’s not time consuming but it builds a good following.
- I’m still selling PLR, but I have not added new products to my site in a while, so I think I may be doing a revamping of the store soon. I know this will take time, so I’ve just been going with the passive route for now. But stay tuned, cause I’ve been thinking of some new ideas for this store for a while.
Overall, this just goes to show that you don’t have to be working hard all the time to get results and earn passive income. As you build up your online business more traffic, sales and opportunities will begin to flow your way. So focus on the things that are working for you, the things you enjoy and the initiatives that bring you success. I know what a great feeling it is to say, “Hey, I built this business from scratch”, so don’t give up.